Sunday, December 6, 2009

Great weekend

My hubby works odd hours. Friday night (Saturday morning) he arrive home around 6am. When he got in bed it woke me and we got to talking. After about an hour and a half he said he wanted to try the "couch to 5K" running with me. I was happy to say the least, but he wanted to do it right now..LOL! Well, I was already awake for the day, i had promised my teen daughter to take her with me also - so I woke her and off we all went, bundled for our run in 28 degree temps on a early Saturday morning.

It was truly a great. I could never have dreamed 6 months ago when I began this journey we'd all be running side by side like this! They both loved it...and felt like it was challenging them to do their best, but not too tough. I pushed harder of course too because they were with me. I do most workout alone, so it was quite nice to have them along.

That evening we had my nephew for the night. It was his parents annual Christmas party and he got to sleepover for the first time. It was a great day all around!




4 comments:

  1. Angie, this is the definition of a great day. Family time and exercise time - what more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really a non-scale victory - to inspire your family to get fit too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nephew is too cute!

    And isn't it fun to run with the hubs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great! It's nice that you all go at it together.

    ReplyDelete

Who did you choose today?