Monday, December 28, 2009

Spreading the Word

I want to share with you my new adventure. The Next Challenge from awesome blogger and friend South Beach Steve! Please click the link of the image to go check out the detail and join us in this life changing challenge to a new improved you!



Christmas Eve and Christmas Day eating went fine. I planned to allow myself a few treats. While I was eating I felt like I was doing horrible, but when I came home and wrote it all down...on paper it looks more reasonable than it felt doing!





I am constantly amazed at how my tastes have changed. I'd been dreaming of my mom's fudge, I ate a piece, but it wasn't as good as I remembered, so it was easy to stop at one piece. Same for other treats...some were just not worth the points when it came to taste, so they were abandoned after one bite.





I worked out Monday and Tuesday...but my local gym was closed wed, thur, fri, sat & sun. We got a ton of snow (which is so weird for Texas) so I couldn't go outside like I would normally. I found myself to mentally obsessed and almost mad inside that I could not just go somewhere and workout. I am now seeking to join a 24/7 gym to end this frustration...as my gym has short hours and no Sundays.





I got back in the grove today...up early and went to water aerobics...I loved it, but man it was hard to get motivated since it is still freezing here (literally 26 degrees)! I'm looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow and getting back to the weights. I cease to be amazed at how my arms are shaping up!

6 comments:

  1. I have a friend who teaches water aerobics. She has asked me to come to a class but I have a hard time with wearing a bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes me what sugar does to me these days. I didn't realize how little of it I know eat on a daily basis. Wow.

    Good for you on the workouts. I kept up with mine. Just finished letting the pilates women kick my ass. They do a good job at that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a wonderfully successful Christmas! Yeah, snow here too---horrible snow. Glad it's going away!

    Your enthusiasm for the new year and new challenges is awesome.

    Thank you,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got through the holidays without a ton of regret-- which is much better than a lot of our blogging buddies managed. Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, it is so odd for Texas to get the kind of snow you have gotten so far this season. Who would have thought that would have been a hindrance with exercise?

    Like you, I am amazed at how my tastes have changed. I am also amazed at how my stomach handles certain things now.

    BTW, thanks for the plug for The Perfect 10!

    ReplyDelete

Who did you choose today?